Node.js Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
We are seeking Node.js application engineers to join our customer facing portal team. You will be part of a team building web applications for our Cloud customers. The right individual will have solid knowledge in developing customer-facing web portals using proven patterns and frameworks. The portal development team’s main focus is on improving the productivity and user experience of Joyent’s public cloud customers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology. He or she will have succeeded in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast. The ideal candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team. The Joyent Cloud business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
- Create clean and effective solutions that make even the most technical tasks seem easy for the user
- Lead portal development and provide guidance to other development resources
- Work with Product Managers to understand Use Cases and create complete pattern-based solutions
- Design and document the overall architecture of the Joyent portal
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Pro-actively look for ways to make Joyent better
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience translating ideas into maintainable code and at least 2 years of professional, hands-on node.js experience
- Basic proficiency in UNIX
- Experience with multiple development methodologies
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Proficient with Github, JIRA and other software development project tools
- Proven track record in designing and building a medium-sized public facing application
- Comfortable with taking the design lead for a core component
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience working with both on-shore and off-shore development resources
- The ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in supporting release cycles of new features
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment where things change quickly
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure and big data analytics company, offering organizations of any size the best public and hybrid cloud infrastructure for today's demanding real-time web and mobile applications.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Node.js Engineer in the subject.