Senior Account Executive (San Francisco, CA)
Are you fascinated and opinionated about the future of the cloud and big data? Want to help shape it with one of the fastest growing companies in the space? We’re looking for great people seeking meaningful work, enjoy being surrounded by highly driven colleagues, and who are excited to create and enhance the next generation of cloud computing. Joyent is defined by innovating and creating the industry’s highest-performing and most resilient cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and cloud software. You’ll find that your career is infinitely scalable: industry-leading innovation from our team means that we value individuals who desire to produce an indelible mark on the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team. This person will bring a combination of technical and sales skills plus domain expertise in IT Infrastructure services and software. As a senior sales account executive you will have the opportunity to work closely with Joyent’s world-class engineering, product and marketing team and ensure that our customers are successful as they grow their business in the cloud.
- Develop territory sales strategies to grow key customer verticals
- Ability to manage sales pipeline from prospecting through long term relationships
- Lead account team engagement with top prospective and current customers across the Joyent product suite including compute services, data services, network services, private cloud, and hybrid cloud deployments
- Develop solutions roadmap with customers addressing top technical challenges.
- Map user requirements to appropriate products addressing both financial and technical needs.
- Collaborate with product, support services, and sales teams to deliver a complete experience to prospective and current customers.
- Ability to navigate a broad range of rapidly evolving open source software architectures, competitive landscape, and product roadmap.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years experience as a technical sales engineer / executive or equivalent work experience in technology industry.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Track record in sales quota achievement and growth
Skills & Experience
- Experience in selling cloud infrastructure solutions to web-focused organizations.
- Conceptual understanding or experience with multiple application languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Node.js.
- Conceptual understanding or hands-on experience with SQL and noSQL database environments such as MySQL, PosgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, MariaDB, and Redis key-value store.
- Has robust personal sales and partner network.
- Able to operate as a cross-functional leader by coordinating and influencing resources across the company.
- Operates well in a dynamic environment with accelerating change and is comfortable operating with autonomy.
- Experience working with Retail/E-commerce, Media, or Gaming industries.
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure and big data analytics company, offering organizations of any size the best public and hybrid cloud infrastructure for today's demanding real-time web and mobile applications.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Senior Account Executive in the subject.