Sr. IT Business Analyst / System Architect (San Francisco, CA)
Joyent is looking for a strong leader with a broad business background and outstanding technical capabilities to join as the Senior IT Business Analyst. The Senior IT Business Analyst will be responsible for designing, optimizing and automating key business processes. In the immediate term, this includes customer invoicing and internal dashboards, but in the long term will include other key processes in the company.
This individual will report to the VP of Business Operations and work closely with internal business users to gather functional requirements, propose prioritized solutions, coordinate with the development and project management teams to understand strategic drivers and tactical needs, and ensure that the implementation teams can provide solutions that meet the business need as well as deliver specific enhancements and projects. Existing experience with Zuora, SalesForce, or NetSuite a plus.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to gather key requirements to develop roadmaps and design scalable solutions in support of automation and improvements to internal business processes.
- Gather, document and interpret business requirements
- Transform business objective use cases to requirements consumable by internal and external development teams.
- Lead the design, project management and implementation of solutions
- Lead internal and external development teams to deliver these solutions
- Document existing business processes
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process / policies.
- Ensure that solutions meet requirements and are well designed for a growing business.
- Delivery of effective analytic data for the business processes
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of IT industry work experience. Previous experience in eCommerce a plus.
- BA/BS in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting
- Strong work ethic, sense of ownership, and able to meet tight deadlines while delivering quality results
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Both big company and start-up environment experience a huge plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational and system skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with executives and cross functionally
- Track record of being able to effectively communicate and partner with both highly technical team members and business executives
- Excellent prioritization skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first
- Ability to effectively work across a geographically disparate team
- Solid background in web technologies that encompasses web content management systems, web analytics, and web commerce technologies
- Familiarity with Unix environments and past experience leveraging third party Services and APIs desired.
- Previous experience with third party SaaS applications including NetSuite, Zuora and SalesForce a huge plus
- Excellent SQL skills and ability to deduce trends from raw data
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure and big data analytics company, offering organizations of any size the best public and hybrid cloud infrastructure for today's demanding real-time web and mobile applications.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sr. IT Business Analyst / System Architect in the subject, or