Joyent and Percona Solution
The Joyent Percona image is a dynamically scalable virtual machine optimized for the cloud. It's based on a standard MySQL image, with general software stripped down to bare minimum, and with Percona Server (MySQL) pre-installed and preconfigured for ultimate performance and scalability. The Percona image consists of:
Delivers lightweight container-based virtualization with CPU bursting and reduces I/O latency via SmartCache.
Performs non-blocking backups that complete quickly and reliably with no reboots required.
Provides superior scaling with greater memory use efficiency.
The Percona image gives you the ability to:
- Run MySQL queries faster and consolidate servers
- Spend less time tuning or administering your environment
- Delay or even avoid sharding
- Generate detailed query logs with per-query statistics about locking, I/O, and query plan
- Use DTrace scripts and Joyent Cloud Analytics for unrivaled database introspection and latency root cause analysis
- Understand performance with access to per table, per index, per user and per host counters
- Aggregate response time statistics for measuring performance that go beyond operation counts
- Enable and configure hot backups quickly with Joyent QuickBackup; A fast non-blocking MySQL backup service, powered by Percona Xtrabackup
- Implement NoSQL protocal for MySQL via HandlerSocket