Account Executive — San Francisco Bay Area
The hyper-scale growth of the online world and the spiking demands of its consumers, whether human or machine, are forcing enterprises to re-imagine the way they support and cultivate rapid innovation in application delivery and operations.
Tomorrow's winners are shattering the mold of legacy IT through self-service, containerization and self-operating environments. Developer efficiency and time-to-market are at the top of every CIO/CTO's objectives for 2016 and beyond, and Joyent is leading the charge in application modernization with a 100% open source software (private/on-premises) and service (global public cloud) solution.
We are seeking an Account Executive to join our rapidly growing team. As a Sales Account Executive you will work closely with a small team to help to drive adoption of Joyent’s powerful set of products and services in the market delivering the best experience in cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with some of the most dynamic and innovative companies in California as they integrate cloud services into their business
- Lead account team engagement with top prospective and current customers across the Joyent product suite including compute services, data services, network services, messaging services, CDN, DNS, and more.
- Build long term client relationships through a thorough and consultative approach
- Manage extensive sales pipeline with a team from initial prospecting through long term client engagements
- Develop solutions roadmap with customers addressing top technical challenges.
- Map user requirements to appropriate products addressing both financial and technical needs.
- Collaborate with product, support services, and sales teams to deliver a complete experience to prospective and current customers.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years experience as a sales leader or equivalent work experience in technology industry.
- Organized with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Customer focused approach building lasting relationships past the initial sale
- Excellent track record in sales quota achievement and growth
Skills & Experience
The most competitive candidate will have the following:
- Experience in selling cloud software and infrastructure solutions to web-focused organizations.
- Conceptual understanding or experience with multiple application languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Node.js.
- Conceptual understanding or hands-on experience with SQL and noSQL database environments such as MySQL, PosgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, MariaDB, and Redis key-value store.
- Conceptual understanding of datacenter infrastructure architectures and cloud/virtualization solutions.
- Conceptual understanding of Docker and complimentary container technologies.
- Start up mentality with an ability to deliver win-win outcomes for customers and Joyent
- Able to operate as a cross-functional leader by coordinating and influencing resources across the company.
- Operates well in a dynamic environment with accelerating change and is comfortable operating with autonomy.
- Lives in New York metro area or the northeast US and are near a major airport, or willing to relocate.
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Account Executive (SF) in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.