Cloud Deployment Engineer
Joyent is looking for talented, passionate, and resourceful Build Engineers to join our ranks. Candidates will work as part of a team focused on end-to-end automation of datacenter expansion for the Joyent Triton Cloud and other deployments. Our various clouds span multiple data centers including internationally, and houses some of the highest profile customers in the world. Cloud Deployment Engineers are involved with touching basically all pieces of the stack: from switch configuration to hardware validation to automating product deployment. We want to build turnkey datacenters.
- Build robust software to reliably take us from empty racks to full product deployments as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with teams across the company in automation efforts
- Help drive roadmap with the Product team for adding build automation to the product
- 6y+ in multiple programming languages
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience designing moderately sized service architectures
- Strong opinions about automating workflows
- A tortured understanding of How Computers Actually Work (and Fail To)
- Ability to work remotely, and travel quarterly for planning meetings
- Strong opinions about server management
- Experience with building datacenters
- Experience with net boot environments (PXE) and associated software
- A strong background and familiarity with illumos based OS's (OpenIndiana, OmniOS, SmartOS, or similar), and SMF, ZFS, and Zones technologies in particular
- Open source community involvement
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Strong familiarity with security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
- Detail orientation on technology, technical-development, quality, operations and system performance.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- A sense of humor and humility an absolute MUST
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Cloud Deployment Engineer in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.