Cloud Operations Manager
Littleton, CO, US
Joyent is seeking an Operations Manager to run a team of advanced support engineers and work with the NOC and Customer Support managers This position is critical within Joyent’s operations organization with high visibility and requires the ability to interact with customers, internal development, and internal management.
- Manage a 24x7x365 Tier 3 support team for our Joyent Triton Cloud
- Managing the operations of services running in our cloud environment
- Ticket queue management through reporting and incident review
- Work with NOC and Customer Support managers to identify improvement opportunities and training of Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff members.
- Problem identification and resolution planning
- Policy/Process/Procedure documentation
- Change execution for items requiring Tier 3 assignment
- Report to Director with project updates, critical issues, and status updates
- Stay abreast of current technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
- Systems background in Solaris, SmartOS, or Linux
- Experience managing large scale Linux or Unix system deployments
- Experience managing highly technical teams with an emphasis on customer support
- Strong understanding of ITIL practices (Incident, Problem, Change Management)
- Experience with KVM or similar hypervisor technology
- Familiar with ticketing systems like Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.
- Familiar with software tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A strong desire to troubleshoot problems and then distill processes into procedures, including documentation for both knowledge sharing and training of new employees
Additional Skills Considered
- Experience managing large globally distributed cloud deployments
- Experience with Zabbix, InfluxDB/statsd, large-scale LDAP deployments
- Experience with Docker, containers, and related technologies
- A strong background and familiarity with Illumos based OS's (OpenIndiana, OmniOS, SmartOS, or similar), and SMF, ZFS, and Zones technologies in particular
- Open source community involvement
- Database servers: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Configuration management: Chef, Ansible
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- 3+ years experience managing a high-transactional, 24x7 production support team
- Strong familiarity with security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
- Experience delivering a world-class systems platform with scalability and resiliency
- Detail orientation on technology, technical-development, quality, operations and system performance.
- Willing to travel up to 30%
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Cloud Operations Manager in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent