Joyent has a tradition of developing high-quality products built by engineers with very strong technical skills. As we grow our storage line, we are looking for individuals to help us take our products to the next level.
- Acquire a deep understanding of NoSQL key-value databases.
- Test and propose changes to improve security, performance, or ease of use of various database environments.
- Troubleshoot, find the root cause, propose solutions, and fix open-source database engines.
- Keep up to date with new database technologies watching out for new DBMS that can improve our products.
- Contribute to product documentation, internal training, user community discussions, and presentations.
- Advise other engineers on how to exploit the different database features.
- Debugging DBMS in production
We would like to interview you if you have:
- BS CS degree or equivalent discipline, or MS/Ph.D. CS degree (big plus)
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of database internals, as well as a strong technical background in distributed systems and networking.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming and analysis of algorithms.
- Passionate in helping build the best-in-class product in the cloud computing market.
- Enjoy working with others who have different technical backgrounds.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Additionally, you should have most (or all!) of the following:
- 5+ years database-oriented experience
- Experience on foundation DB, MongoDB is a big plus.
- Conversant with Linux and its administration.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components, including network and storage solutions.
- Hands-on experience with installing and configuring mainstream applications such as databases and enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon EC2, S3, SQS, and other AWS services is a plus.
- Strong scripting skills to automate test scenarios, delivering weekly reports to key stakeholders and other engineering teams.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Database Engineer in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent