IT Help Desk Technician (Level 3 or 4)
San Francisco, CA, US
- Configure employee laptops and appropriate applications for new hires (PC and Mac).
- Creation and management of user accounts for directory services, email, and systems.
- Manage WAP and Network connectivity within the office
- Manage VPN connectivity for remote users
- Documentation of work efforts within a ticketing system.
- Will serve as a first point of contact for people experiencing a variety of difficulties with their software, applications and / or hardware.
- Will communicate by telephone, chat, email or in person with end users.
- Must be able to assist end users at all levels of technical knowledge with their problems.
- Will gain proficient working knowledge of the system, software and applications they are responsible for supporting.
- Will remain up to date with all new upgrades, system enhancements and changes at all times to ensure effective solutions are given to customers.
- Will maintain exemplary customer service by exercising a professional, friendly and calm demeanor at all times when communicating with customers.
- Will identify trends in incoming issues and effectively communicate the finds to the next level of support.
- When not able to independently solve an issue presented, will ensure that the issue is resolved by escalating the issue to a more senior service desk professional, system administrator, or other IT department personnel as appropriate.
- Will maintain productivity standard as set forth by supervisor at or above 100% at all times.
- Ability to work with a variety of IT capabilities, including PC and Mac hardware and software, data network, and phones.
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX command line interface for the purposes of basic troubleshooting and configuration.
- Good people skills, enjoy interfacing with employees
- Working knowledge email, anti-virus, office software suite (G-Suite/O365), and chat applications
- Hands-on experience installing hardware, wireless networks, and software
- Comfortable working independently in fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The job is primarily Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, but there could be occasions where emergency work is required in the evenings or weekends if there are any unexpected problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent experience in onsite client technology support, network administration, and support activities in multi-user network environments
- Working knowledge with OS X, Linux/UNIX and Windows systems.
- Standalone and shared printer installation and removal.
- Installation and general support of miscellaneous desktop application.
- Ability to act quickly on resolving problems.
- A service oriented attitude- patience and resolve to do what it takes to get the job done correctly and satisfy the customer.
- The ability to pick up new technologies easily and to become proficient quickly.
- The ability to manage technical requests with minimum oversight.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with IT Help Desk Technician in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent