Network Engineer - Amsterdam
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
We are currently seeking Network Engineers to be part of a Network team that provides operational support for it's global networks. The desired candidates should be able to take on a role that is a mix of Net/Development Ops. We are looking for individuals who are technically strong and are able to interface well with internal teams.
- Design, Implement, Operate and Maintain Joyent Cloud Networks
- Capacity planning of network resources
- Documentation of systems operating procedures
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation schedules
- 10+ years strong security/networking experience
- 7+ years of design/implementation with networking experience
- Deep knowledge of industry trends and impacts on network design, architecture, planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge with one or more major networking vendors: Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Dell/Force10
- Expert level experience with OSPF and BGP traffic engineering
- Solid understanding of IP networking protocols: L2, L3, L4, L7
- Experience with IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and WAFs
- Experience with Network and Security Solution Design and Deployments
- Understanding and genuine interest of network virtualization technologies
- Experience working in Linux or Unix operating systems
- Experience with open source network monitoring tools (OpenNMS, etc al)
- A strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience with any of the following a big plus: automation/scripting; server and network virtualization technologies; open source software
- MSSP or IT Security Infrastructure consultant a plus
- Instructional delivery and/or instruction design experience
- Scripting language such a Python, Perl, BASH, RegEx
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Network Engineer - Amsterdam in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.