San Francisco, CA, US
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to global purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement specialist’s responsibilities include sourcing and operations for global accounts, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, Contract management, and maintaining accurate records, procurement process development, management, and improvement, and compliance.
As a procurement specialist you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a procurement specialist should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
- Prepare weekly and monthly procurement reports
- Attend meetings with the legal team, Infrastructure engineering team, vendors and suppliers
- Create and implement procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Compare proposals for price and specifications
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion
- Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Work closely with the legal team to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the company
- Ensure our business is meeting procurement ethics and professional conduct under the company guidelines.
- Enforces compliance with procurement policies and works to increase adaptation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Able to perform and make sound decisions under highly stressful situations
- Extensive experience working in the procurement department in a related field
- Certification from the Next Level Purchasing Association or the Universal
- Public Procurement Certification Council desired
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to travel to meet with suppliers and work overtime as required
- Previous working experience as a Procurement Specialist for 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Negotiation aptitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing management preferred
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Procurement Specialist in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent