San Francisco, CA, US
This QA lead/manager position is a hands-on role with leadership responsibilities. You will be working with a medium-sized QA team which consists of mostly experienced engineers. You can expect some amount of hands-on work along with managerial responsibilities.
- Understand the market landscape and customer use cases
- Review product requirements and user stories documents.
- Pinpoint gaps and ambiguous feature descriptions to ensure all use cases and features are testable.
- Understand the exit criteria and the definition of "Done".
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and other stakeholders to define the detailed product features and functionality
- Review engineering functional and technical design documents.
- Understand the workflow from an user perspective, identify potential usability challenges and provide feedback to engineering for design improvement.
- Understand the system architecture, identify potential bottlenecks and proactively look for the areas of weaknesses that require stress testing.
- Manage the staffing, project planning and status tracking of QA projects
- Work with the release managers to plan product releases
- Prepare project plans and review test plans produced by QA engineers.
- Participate in product testing
- Define test plans and test cases to verify all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop test plan document that describes the test strategy, assumptions, risk assessment and test environment needs.
- Design test cases that cover all the functional and non-functional requirements (security, performance, stability, availability).
- Review product documentation and provide edits as necessary.
- Review and triage product issues
- Triage issue priority with all stakeholders (support, operations, engineering, product management, sales).
- Work with engineering to understand the root cause, design and execute test cases to verify the remediations.
- 10+ years software development/QA experience, delivering at least 5 major product releases
- Conversant with Solaris or Linux administration
- Hands-on experience with installing and configuring mainstream applications such as database and enterprise applications
- Knowledge and understanding of networking protocols and topology.
- Good understanding and preferably hands-on experience with test automation tools
- Working knowledge with cloud infrastructure components, including network and storage solutions (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, networking, integrated cloud services).
You'll be a natural fit if you are:
- Passionate about building the best-in-class solutions for cloud computing
- Willing to step up and take on responsibilities when the situation calls for it
- Not afraid to disagree with others when the product quality does not meet your standards
- Not content with simply pointing out issues for others to solve, but getting involved in solving the issue
- Able to understand the interests and concerns from different stakeholders, assess their relative priorities and make difficult decisions when necessary
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with QA Lead/Manager in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent