Senior Network Engineer/Architect
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer / Architecture for our Global Network team that provides operational support for all Joyent Public and Private Cloud implementations. We are looking for an individual who is an expert with Network Engineering and Operations. Someone who is technically strong and able to lead people and projects.
- Design, Implement and Operate Joyent Cloud Networks
- Capacity Planning of Network Resources
- Define Standard Network/Security Operating Process & Procedures
- Provide Oversight and Training for Network & Security Resources in Joyent 24x7 Operations Center
- 10+ years Network Engineering and Operations
- 10+ years of Design/Implementation of WAN and Data Center Networks
- Deep knowledge of industry trends and impacts on network design, architecture, planning and implementation
- In depth knowledge with major networking vendors: Juniper, Dell/Force 10, Cisco, Arbor, Barracuda, Citrix
Skills & Experience
- Service Provider and/or Cloud Provider Experience Preferred
- Expert with OSPF and BGP traffic engineering on Juniper
- Experience with IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and WAFs
- Experience with Network and Security Solution Design and Deployments
- Experience working in Linux or Unix operating systems
- Experience with open source network monitoring tools (OpenNMS, Rancid, Cacti, etc al)
- Experience with any of the following a big plus: automation/scripting; server and network virtualization technologies; open source software
Additional Preferred Knowledge
- ITIL v2/v3 Foundation Certification
- MSSP or IT Security Infrastructure consultant a plus
- Instructional delivery and/or instruction design experience
- Scripting language such a Python, Perl, BASH, RegEx
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Network Engineer/Architect in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.