Senior Project Manager, Cloud Deployment (San Francisco)
Joyent is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. Joyent is building multiple cloud data centers around the world to support its commercial business and the cloud computing needs of Samsung. The Senior Project Manager plays a pivotal role in this project and will coordinate the activities across technical, financial, and supply chain teams to ensure we meet our goals. The ideal candidate would be located in the Bay Area and work out of our San Francisco office.
- Project Manage the global deployments of cloud data centers
- Work with internal and external customer teams to understand requirements
- Build and manage project plans and schedules
- Work with technical and financial teams to create budgets
- Coordinate across technical, financial, and supply chain teams
- Communicate project risk and status to stakeholders across Joyent and Samsung
- Track project costs and provide regular reporting to Finance
- 5+ years of experience in delivering technology programs/projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Experience with data center technologies, deployments, migrations, planning and execution
- Strong leader who is well organized, can prioritize well, and communicate clearly
- Understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Korean language preferred
- International project management experience preferred
- Experience with LiquidPlanner, Excel, and other planning, tracking, and productivity tools
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Results oriented
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Project Manager, Cloud Deployment (SF) in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.