Senior QA Automation Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
In Joyent, we pride ourselves in sticking with the technologies we believe in and adhering to high standards for software engineering. As we grow our storage and compute product lines, we are looking for like-minded individuals to help us take our products to the next level.
- Understand the market landscape and customer use cases.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and other stakeholders to define the detailed product features and functionality.
- Come up with exit criteria for new product features and define test plans and test cases to verify all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contribute to product documentation, internal training, user community discussions.
- Review and triage product issues; understand the root causes and provide feedback to the internal teams for future improvement.
- Work with cloud operations and technical support teams to plan product releases.
You’ll be a natural fit if you are:
- Passionate about building the best-in-class product in the cloud computing market.
- Willing to step up and take on responsibilities when the situation calls for it.
- Not afraid to disagree with others when the product quality does not meet your standards.
- Not content with simply pointing out issues for others to solve, but getting involved in solving the issue.
- Able to understand the interests and concerns from different stakeholders, assess their relative priorities and make difficult decisions when necessary.
- Natural leadership abilities to support, encourage, and mentor other engineers within the team.
Additionally, you should have most (or all!) of the following:
- 5+ years software development/QA experience, delivering at least 3 major product releases.
- Conversant with Solaris or Linux administration.
- Working knowledge with cloud infrastructure components, including network and storage solutions.
- Hands-on experience with installing and configuring mainstream applications such as database and enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon EC2, S3, and other AWS services.
- Hands-on experience with performance testing (load testing, stress testing, spike or capacity testing) and performance testing tools.
- Strong scripting skills to automate test scenarios, delivering weekly reports to key stakeholders and Engineering teams.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Terraform a plus.
- Bonus: fluent in Korean language.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior QA Automation Engineer in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent