Senior QA Automation Engineer Lead
Joyent is constantly moving forward, developing new products that meet market needs. As a Samsung subsidiary, we solve large-scale problems and deploy these solutions worldwide. As we grow our storage and compute product lines, we are looking for individuals to help us take our products to the next level.
- Lead a small group of QA engineers.
- Read AWS documentation, become comfortable with different AWS interfaces (command, web-based dashboards, http-API).
- Understand the market landscape and customer use cases.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders to define tests that exploit product features and functionality.
- Come up with exit criteria for new product features and define test plans and test cases to verify all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contribute to product documentation, internal training, user community discussions.
- Review and troubleshoot product issues; understand their root causes, and provide feedback to the engineering teams for future improvement.
- Plan and execute with cloud operations and technical support teams for upcoming product releases.
We would like to interview you if you have:
- CS degree or equivalent is a big plus.
- Leadership position a big plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Passionate in helping build the best-in-class product in the cloud computing market.
- Not afraid to disagree with others when the product quality does not meet your standards.
- Able to understand the interests and concerns of different stakeholders, assess their relative priorities, and make difficult decisions when necessary.
- Able to support, encourage, and mentor other engineers within the team.
- Enjoy working with others who have different technical backgrounds.
Additionally, you should have most (or all!) of the following:
- 5+ years software development/QA experience, delivering at least 2 major product releases.
- Conversant with Linux administration.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components, including network and storage solutions.
- Hands-on experience with installing and configuring mainstream applications such as databases and enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon EC2, S3, SQS, and other AWS services is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with performance testing (load testing, stress testing, spike or capacity testing (e.g., Jenkins)) and performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, Jmeter, Boomq, Postman, cosbench, python, Ansible
- Strong scripting skills to automate test scenarios, delivering weekly reports to key stakeholders and Engineering teams.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior QA Automation Engineer Lead in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent