Senior Systems Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Joyent is seeking an Sr. Systems Integration Engineer to work with its IT Manager and the IT Systems Administrator to help support its technical infrastructure for its growing organization across multiple locations. This position will primarily be focused on automation and integration of the Monitoring, Event Management, ITSM/CSM ticketing, and SSO systems.
- Manage ITSM/CSM ticketing solution (JIRA, ServiceNow, Zendesk)
- Build ticket workflow solutions for automation of routing and approvals
- Maintain service catalog and service portals in ITSM/CSM system
- Manage and maintain monitoring solutions (Circonus, Zabbix)
- Manage and maintain Event Management System (Pagerduty, BigPanda, OpsGenie)
- Manage and maintain SSO System (Duo, Okta)
- User Management across systems through LDAP integration
- Integration of these systems through API’s using JSON/XML
- Additional duties may include IT assistance with employee on/off boarding
- Strong understanding of ITSM and ITIL as it relates to a service provider business
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX command line interface for the purposes of basic troubleshooting and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of REST and SOAP services and application integration
- Good people skills, enjoy interfacing with employees
- Demonstrate experience in communicating with support, engineering, and product teams in an effort to gather requirements for systems integration
- Working knowledge of Operational Support Systems such ITSM, Monitoring, and Single Sign-On solutions.
- Hands-on experience converting business processes to automated workflows.
- Comfortable working independently in fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The job is primarily Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, but there could be occasions where emergency work is required in the evenings or weekends if there are any unexpected problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent experience in onsite client technology support, network administration, and support activities in multi-user network environments
- Working knowledge with OS X, Linux/UNIX and Windows systems.
- Experience in Ticketing System, Monitoring, and Event Management administration.
- Experience in API integration using JSON or XML.
- Ability to act quickly on resolving problems.
- A service oriented attitude- patience and resolve to do what it takes to get the job done correctly and satisfy the business.
- The ability to pick up new technologies easily and to become proficient quickly.
- The ability to manage technical requests with minimum oversight.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sr. Systems Engineer in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent