Supply Chain Specialist (San Francisco)
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company built to power real-time web and mobile applications. Recently we were acquired by a major Mobile Device manufacturer and are now in the process of building out large scale Cloud platforms to support their millions of phone users.
Due to this rapid growth we are seeking an someone to assist with Supply Chain activities, encompassing, Purchasing, Procurement and Return Material Authorization (RMA). The ideal location for this position must be near one of our primary offices in either Denver, Colorado or San Francisco, California.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product and/or service pricing, availability and delivery schedule.
- Compares prices, terms, availability of bids received from vendors.
- Reviews/creates Purchase Order requests for products and services to be purchased.
- Manages and tracks the status of vendor contracts.
- Prepares and manages RF(x).
- Tracks the Receipt of goods and coordinates delivery to “ship to” location
- Manages Spare stocking of critical items in each datacenter.
- Manages overall tracking, vendor dashboards and scorecards, including On-time delivery measurements, RMA, Invoice Accuracy and others to be determined.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs and inventories.
- Works with Finance department and all organizations who request purchase of goods or services.
- Others tasks and responsibilities as determined by management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in procurement, purchasing and/or supply chain required.
- International experience a plus.
- Cloud experience a plus.
- Korean speaking a plus.
- Able to multitask in high growth and fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and evaluate complex proposals, service orders, contracts, service level agreements, etc..
- Excellent computer skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- Able to solve problems and handle situations in a professional manner.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to Travel - 10%-20% as required.
Joyent, a Samsung subsidiary, is a cloud infrastructure as a service provider. Joyent’s next generation cloud solution, Triton, is a public cloud service available on Joyent operated data centers around the world. Triton can also be deployed on dedicated hardware, that Joyent manages for its customers, to create private clouds.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Supply Chain Specialist (SF) in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.