Senior User Experience Designer (San Francisco, CA)
Joyent has been a long time believer in container technology as the future of cloud infrastructure. With the introduction of Joyent's container native product called Triton, it is now possible for our customers to run Docker containers securely in a production environment. In order to make the user experience of this amazing technology the absolute best it can be, we are looking for a passionate and creative Senior User Experience Designer.
The Senior User Experience Designer will lead product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that bring an engaging user experience to the customer, regardless of whether it's a web application, mobile application or enterprise software. The role will also discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
- Plan, prioritize, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes, and HTML prototypes.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or masters degree in interaction or interface design, human factors, human-computer interaction.
- At least 3 years of user interface design experience including designing for complex web applications
- Portfolio demonstrating innovative UX designs and deliverables from a user-centered design process
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to start with a blank slate and create something stunning
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A collaborative attitude, receptivity to feedback and enthusiasm for an iterative design
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) with peers, end users, and all levels of management
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure and big data analytics company, offering organizations of any size the best public and hybrid cloud infrastructure for today's demanding real-time web and mobile applications.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior User Experience Designer in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.